Veidt

Cosplay Tetherball: The work-in-progress pdf ebook available now

Posted February 9th, 2012 by Veidt & filed under cosplay.

Cosplay Tetherball Veidt

Short version: the 68 page, full color pdf ebook Cosplay Tetherball is available now. There’s a a compressed 12mb size pdf, and a larger 33mb one…you can have access to either, or both, for $7.

Long version: Back in May, i launched a cosplay photobook project that was ultimately successfully funded. Managed to put together like 2 dozen new costumes, shot thousands of images, then ran out of cash before completing crucial steps like photo editing/retouching, printing and shipping. Fuck me. I’m an idiot, and underestimated the costs involved.

It was suggested we assemble a pdf ebook version of what the book might look like were it released today, with those limitations in mind.  A work in progress draft. Seemed like a good idea, so put together a 68 page file featuring images shot through the end of 2011 (2 of them, actually: a compressed 12mb pdf, and a larger 33mb one.) You can get access to either, or both, of those pdf files for $7.

Any monies raised will go towards pro photo retouching, a couple ambitious shoot concepts, and the actual printing/shipping of physical copies of the finalized book. I have a specific $ target in mind to finish all that, and it translates to 120 ebooks sold. Not sure if we’ll hit that, but if we do, everyone who ordered also gets more pics and a 5 minute video, as a thank you.

If you get the ebook, do get back to me with feedback! I fucking hate showing any stuff i do, knowing many will hate it, so anything remotely positive is appreciated. Yet also very much aware that i am nothing more than a rank amatuer, and criticism is part of the path to leveling up. Also, made a significant camera upgrade at Christmas, so the 2012 stuff we’ve shot that will go into the final edition of the book is looking substantially better, so far. kthanxbai.

Be Sociable, Share!

54 Responses to “Cosplay Tetherball: The work-in-progress pdf ebook available now”

Veidt February 9th, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Can you tell i don’t like selling? Thanks, edited it to try andr be a little more specific…for now, it’s just available from veidt.com. $7 through the paypal donate button at the top right of the page, and i’ll send it out via email.

There should also be a separate page for the book shortly.

ANkh February 10th, 2012 at 12:29 am

Okay, that’s done.

Two other observations :
You can create a paypal button for donating$ 7.
If you put a paypal link into the rss feed it will encourage us Google Reader junkies to impulse buy the book.

haljordan February 10th, 2012 at 6:11 am

Was wondering the same as Bruce, didn’t want you to go through the hassle of sending me two identical emails.

You need to think about splitting it into one book per gal, charging $7-$10 a pop, and sell them that way.

Isshin February 10th, 2012 at 6:46 am

Well, as I can see, the $7 donation is intended to help with the unexpected overcosts of the books, so, even for those who donated before, a new donation is required. Just think that you’re buying the ebook via the $7 donation.

Veidt February 10th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Bruce – Yes, because this was mostly funded by Kickstarter, and i’m trying to finish the books for them, this is a separate thing.

Thank you for the comments i’m getting here and inboxed, very much appreciated.

I hope all the animation on the front page doesn’t give anyone a seizure. Yeah, i’m going to need to tone that down.

Busdriver February 11th, 2012 at 1:53 am

Love the site, psyched for the ebook. Sent my donation in plus some extra (your movie reviews/commentary are totally worth extra). Keep up the great work!

Isshin February 11th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

WOW!!! You girls are gonna make me get crazy!! Awesome pics, I’m really regretting I didn’t buy the book…

Apoc February 13th, 2012 at 4:41 am

Yup, the book is ace. Well worth the $7, for anyone who is unsure about buying it.

Don’t be too hard on yourself Veidt, you do excellent work here. Keep it up!

Adi February 13th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Just donated, I’ve been meaning to for ages and the pdf version of the book was a great excuse.
Can’t wait see it and I might do a review on my site too if thats cool. I do love your work.

CapSteveRogers February 13th, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Been meaning to make a donation for awhile, just did, hope it helps even out the costs(sadly I had to do the minimum of 7 due to other bills)

IBN LA-AHAD February 13th, 2012 at 9:18 pm

You def have my $7, Sherry. I can’t wait for my copy. Keep up the great work, love to see what else you have in store :)

sciencekid93 February 15th, 2012 at 3:41 am

The book was really amazing!!! This was worth the $7, if not more! :) I have a question though; what’s the difference between the compressed and the larger pdf?

Veidt February 15th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

sciencekid – overall size of the file and resolution of the pics…i could see a difference on my droid, but whether it’s a signif difference is in the eye of the beholder.

arnaud February 16th, 2012 at 10:20 am

Hi! I was wondering its been 2weeks since i donate the 7$ by paypal and not received the Ebook yet. Is that normal?
Thankx! and keep the good work!

Veidt February 16th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Arnaud – just resent it to you. Originally sent on the 11th, maybe it went to your spam folder?

Do let me know if you have it now, or no, thanks.

Arnaud February 17th, 2012 at 2:00 am

Perfect man i received it today :)
And no i checked in my junkmail there was nothing… Strange lol
Anyway now i have it and i really enjoyed it!
Very good work and beautiful girls like always! i Love the Aeon costume btw!
Keep it up man u doing great so far!

imperfectica February 20th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I donated 7$ for the eBook and wrote later on that it’s not worth the money. Why did you erase my comment? To protect your further earnings, you money-crazed bitch?

Am I not allowed to have an own opinion on this site? Do you think that I didn’t bought your book? Do you want me to post a download-link to it here, or simply everywhere? You should think more about your actions.

Too bad I can’t give the book back and demand my money back. Or can I?

scopedogg February 20th, 2012 at 9:19 pm

got ebook this morning, thoroughly impressed. looking forward to seeing what you do next. i will donate more soon just to see what other exclusive pics you have stashed away. as a suggestion, i would take more girl-girl pics… just because if 1 girl is good, then 2 must AUTOMATICALLY be better lol. and not to get in the middle of anything, but… to call somebody a “money crazed bitch” in a public forum is pretty harsh. there is a way to disagree with anybody without being rude about it…

Veidt February 20th, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Yes. Trying to raise the towering sum of $840 to salvage the money/time/effort already invested in this project definitely qualifies for total money-crazed bitch status.

I deleted your original comment, one of maybe 16 i’ve done that to over the life of the site. I then followed that up with an email to the address tied to your screen name, hoping to find out why you felt that way.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, but i also hope you’ll excuse the impertinence in assuming that paying the server bill means i have some say over what stays on this site.

-Scopedog – thank you…also, that wasn’t the finished product: we’ve already shot at least one other multiple character set for it this year, and hoping to do a big one in march.

travazz February 22nd, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Could only make the $7 donation at this time. I really wish I would have seen this on Kickstarter, I would have gladly donated to get a print copy.

GLHal February 24th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

2 questions….

If I donate say 10.00 can I get access to the disrecognized space section?

2nd If I add special instructions, such as sending the link for the download to a different email address than the one I donated with can you please do that?

Awaiting response so donation can be made….

Thank you.

SkriBalZ February 26th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Definitely a great start. Hopefully you get your target funds raised. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product. I’ll be checking back to see how it’s going and anything new you post on your site.

Americanacrisis March 6th, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Great shots!! I liked the rooftop shots, and ideas put into them. It’s a perfect start, glade you showed off your stuff. Hope to see both the finalized product and video when you reach your goal. Some beach shots would be cool 2, just an idea maybe even a shanty one but just saying.

Veidt March 7th, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Goal was hit, i’m incredibly appreciative, and incredibly late on the video…it’s coming.

Beach shoot is a brilliant call, and that’s definitely coming, too.

Apoc March 9th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Would you ever consider maybe doing some video game themed shoots, as well as your regular superhero geekfests? I’d say the two go hand in hand!

TheAntiVenom June 25th, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Am I just dumb because I can’t find the link anywhere to purchase this book. I’d like to spend my money on it.

Veidt June 27th, 2012 at 11:58 am

I’d love to take your money, i just don’t have a way to do that, now that the rockethub campaigns are done. Think that makes me the dumb one.

As soon as the revised Cosplay Tetherball is finished (this week), we’ll try to get it up on one or more of the respectable ebook sites. Same for Post-Human Pin-Up (early July.)

Logan Fox July 12th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I like that beach shoot idea. Should do a Dead or Alive Beach Volley Ball themed shoot…lol.

Qundel November 6th, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Hi Do not see the donate any where I would like the book.

Maybe you can just do a normal pay pal donate button and then you can send everything via email with out a publisher. If its about the coding they have how to vid’s online.

Leave a Response

Allowed HTML Tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>